The Hobbit – a quaint yet luxurious dwelling, built into a hill above a sandy cove, with a lush tropical garden that exists right on to the South Anjuna Beach – a beach famous for its moonlight parties and home of the original hippies of the 70s. This is a house for the adventurous with discerning taste who desire an exclusive holiday home in unique surroundings.
The Hobbit is located in St. Michael’s Vaddo, a secluded part of the South Anjuna village. Car access to the house is 250 meters away. To enter the house you have to walk into a door built into the rock of the hill. You can actually be standing on the hill and not know there is a house beneath you. The front of the house can only been seen at a distance from the beach.
The South Anjuna beach is famous for its bohemian ambiance and a vibrant music and party scene during high season. The hill above the house is a paraglider’s delight, and you can sit on the roof of the house and watch them soar by. You can see peacocks dancing on the hill in the monsoons. The famous South Anjuna Flea Market is a stone’s throw away, and takes place every Wednesday, where live bands play while you browse stalls and sample cuisine from all over the world.
- 3 Double Bedrooms with Attached Bath, Air-conditioning, Electronic Safe.
- All bedrooms with LCD TV with Satellite connection.
- Laundry services provided.
- Wi-fi internet available next door at Curlies’ Shack.
- Back-up Inverter for lights, fans and TV in case of power outage.
- Bed and bath linen (changed twice weekly). Beach towels and mats.
- Outdoor shower
- Home delivery orders catered to from Curlies Shack.
- Upstairs Suite also has attached Kitchenette with electric kettle, crockery & cutlery.
- Free airport transfer – one trip each from the airport to The Hobbit and return (for up to 6 persons)
- Kitchen cum Living Area equipped with stove, electric kettle, fridge, dining table, a full crockery/cutlery set, pots and pans, wine glasses, etc.